The Yellowknives Dene First Nation (YKDFN) employees 42 staff and Approximately 28 casual employees, with administrative offices located in Dettah and Ndilo. The YKDFN provides services in areas of housing, community wellness, recreation, land management, education, municipal works, human resources, finance management, and day-to-day administration of the organization.
Human Resources department is a service provided to existing employees, and future employees through the recruitment process, however we do provide membership referrals to other agencies such as the mining industry, and government. Overall, YKDFN is a good place to work, and offers flexibility and advancement to our dedicated and loyal employees. Without them, YKDFN would not function as we do today. So thank you to all our staff for a job well done.
Supporting excellence in services provided to the YKDFN membership through the delivery of innovation, quality human resources.
Work with every YKDFN member to provide leadership and excellence in human resources management that will contribute to the community and for self-reliance.
- We abide by our “Dene Laws” and implement into our workplace.
- We ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- We treat our staff with respect and honesty.
- Maximize employment and traditional transferable skills for YKDFN members for self-governance.
- Promote post-secondary education and higher learning.
- Encourage self-development to all YKDFN staff and members by partnering with other agencies.
2017 YKDFN Organizational Chart