Introduction to the Mining Industry Course is comprised of classroom theory and field experience. This course is beneficial for employment in mines in the NWT. Students receive course credit from Aurora College and a certificate from Dechı̨ta Nàowo upon successful course completion.
Course Outline Includes:
- Introduction to Mining and Careers in NWT
- Geology and Orebodies
- NWT Mining Method
- Mineral Processing
- Caring for the Environment
- Mine Facilities and Equipment
- Basic Mine Safety
Location: Dechı̨ta Nàowo Training Centre (Ndilo)
- Must be a permanent NWT resident
- Ages 18 and over
- Priority given to Yellowknives Dene First Nation members
- Dechı̨ta Nàowo Program Application
- Aurora College Application
- Treaty Status Card
- NWT Health Care Card
Strict class attendance and absence policy.
Please contact Eileen B. Betsina, Training Coordinator/Instructor at 873-9037 ext. 1017 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.